The Really Right Stuff TA-2U improves in nearly every respect over our popular TA-2 and TA-U leveling bases. As always, these improvements are the direct result of listening to our customers and their invaluable feedback.
First and most obviously, the size. We've shrunk the overall height by nearly 30% to improve packability and strength of any tripod+leveling base setup.
Second, despite this smaller size there is now more freedom to move. As is industry standard, our TA-2 and TA-U can tilt up to 15 degrees from level in any direction. The new TA-2U moves 33% further at 20 degrees. This can mean a world of difference in achieving desired elevation in steep terrain.
Third, the TA-2U locks up to 15% more, and with less effort. Now you can more confidently position and secure valuable rigs at any angle.
Finally, the ergonomics and usability have all gotten better. The triple-lobe lock lever means that the position of the thumb pads relative to your tripod legs remains the same no matter which leg faces you. The placement of these thumb pads reduce the needed effort to achieve lockup. With a removable male mounting stud, the TA-2U can attach to any tripod platform with a male 3/8"-16 stud, a Really Right Stuff Quick Column tube, or directly into a 2 series Versa Tripod SureGrip apex. The TA-2U can even be loosened or further tightened in place with the aid of a 5/32" hex key placed in the 3/16" holes around the base's bottom.
The TA-2U-SC SOAR version has our popular SOAR Dual style clamp that accepts both Picatinny and our RRS 1.5" Dovetail Standard.
• The lightest leveling base in its class
• Compatible with any tripod with a 3/8"-16 mounting stud on the platform
• Holds up to 25 lbs. without slipping
• Low friction polymer anti-jam plate secures your head solidly and accentuates vibration damping for your load
• Delivers 30° of total leveling capability
• 3/8"-16 Stainless steel stud for mounting tripod head
• Large 12mm diameter bullseye level is easy to see
• Unique locking ring allows greater leverage for locking the ball and eliminates any ground clearance issues when fully splaying your tripod legs
• CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum with type II anodizing
•SOAR Dual Clamp, accepts both Picatinny and the RRS 1.5" Dovetail Standard
•CNC machined 6061-T6 Aluminum
•Removable safety stop screw
In The Box:
TA-U-LB Universal Leveling Base with 3/8"-16 mounting socket on bottom
SOAR TA-LBSC Lever Release Clamp
Height: 2.79in (70.9) with clamp installed
Height above 2 series tripod: 2.51" (63.7mm) with clamp installed
Overall Diameter: 3.83" (97.2mm)
Weight: 16.1 oz (457g) with clamp installed