PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MORE OF A GLASSING OR PACK HUNTING STYLE TRIPOD THAT IS LIGHTER IN WEIGHT AND SMALLER THAN MOST OTHER RRS TRIPODS WE CARRY. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PRS MATCH STYLE SHOOTING OR COMPETITION STYLE PREDATOR HUNTING SO PLEASE READ THE SPECS WELL BEFORE BUYING. THIS TRIPOD IS SUPER HIGH QUALITY AND WOULD BE FANTASTIC FOR MOUNTAIN STYLE HUNTING/GLASSING OUT OF A BACKPACK DUE TO ITS OVERALL WEIGHT AND SIZE!
The R-LOCK feature in the clamp is a 5mm pin that mates with corresponding R-LOCK holes in the rail. The pin is spring-loaded to automatically engage the R-LOCK holes or be pushed down by non-R-LOCK rails, making it compatible with a wider range of “arca-type” rails. The user also has the option to disengage the pin at their discretion for rapid re-positioning.
The TFCT/SOAR® offers the benefits of both a compact traveler and a solid support-style tripod, all in one. An RRS TFCT tripod is a great solution for shooters who need maximum support but want to keep their tripod as portable as possible. Our unique accessories further expand the utility of these tripods. No other tripod in the world offers this versatility.
AESTHETICS We value each of these with equal importance. In designing the Really Right Stuff series of tripods, our goal was to create an intuitive, almost second nature usability, allowing you to focus on your passion, not your gear. This tripod will always perform, always hold sure, and always be Really Right.
R-LockR-LOCK (short for Rapid-Lock) System adds unique safety-stop features which are built in to both a mounting rail and quick-release clamp that adhere to the RRS 1.5” Standard. The advantage of the System is the user has multiple “hard-stop” positions along the rail while retaining smooth edges and corners for maximum ergonomics and a snag-free interface that is inherently resistant to wearing down. The ”hard-stop” feature is comprised of a 5mm diameter steel pin that engages 5.5mm diameter holes in the rail. In addition to supplementing the traditional friction-based clamping mechanism, the interface prevents unintentional repositioning of the rail within the clamp when the R-LOCK is engaged.
• Adjustable clamp jaw allows compatibility with many other arca-type rails that are not in spec with the RRS 1.5" Dovetail Standard
• O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
• Vented clevis design allow legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
• Threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like QD attachments or a BC-18
• Patent-pending Taper Lock System secures the ball head inside the apex making it unable to slip
• Offset Leg Joints: Tripods must occasionally withstand tremendous bending and torsion loads. It is crucial that the leg angle stops and all other structural joints are well supported. Our patented offset leg joints fully support the leg angle stops allowing loads to be transferred straight through the strongest members of the tripod. This also means the tripod is more compact when collapsed.
• Rubber Ball Feet: Large diameter teardrop shape keeps leg sidewalls from touching the ground even at the lowest settings and makes positive contact with the ground at virtually any angle.
• Anodized, Type 3 Black
• High strength to weight ratio
• Made from CNC-machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
• Solid ring apex for strength and reliability
• Ergonomic spring-loaded pull tabs with visual lock/unlock
• Fast, modular and customizable design
Leg Material: Carbon Fiber
Number of Leg Sections: 4
Load Capacity 1st Position Fully Extended: 50 lb / 22.7 kg
Load Capacity 2nd Position Fully Extended: 25 lb / 11.3 kg
Load Capacity 3rd Position Fully Extended: 20 lb / 9.1 kg
Load Capacity 4th Position Fully Collapsed: 40 lb / 18.1 kg
1st Position Maximum Height: 59.4" / 151 cm
1st Position Minimum Height: 20.6" / 52 cm
1st Position 3/4 Segments Extended: 45.3" / 115 cm
2nd Position Maximum Height: 47.7" / 121 cm
2nd Position Minimum Height: 17.1" / 43 cm
3rd Position Maximum Height: 30.8" / 78 cm
3rd Position Minimum Height: 12.1" / 31 cm
4th Position Minimum Height: 6.0" / 15.2 cm
Folded Length: 22.0" / 56 cm
Folded Diameter: 3.88" / 9.8 cm
Weight: 3.51 lb. / 1594 g
In the Box
(1) TFCT-14L/Ascend Tripod (1) Anvil 30 ARC Ball Head (2) 5/32" hex keys (required to adjust leg angle tension) (1) 3/32" hex key (required to adjust the tension on the column lock) (1) 7/32" hex key (required to remove Anvil 30 Ball Head) (1) User's Guide